Lurker
Threadstarter

Lynx_Gen is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Headspin - pickin a droid! HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeB View Post
htc dna is a large screen phone that is getting good reviews, no styllus like the note though but you have somewhere between 1 and 12 fingers to use
The thing that instantly turns me away from the DNA, is the lack of mem card, and access/being able to replace the battery.

Beyond that, it realy does sound like a great unit.

Batteries only have so many cycles in them.. now if it was a LiPo nano tech battery, then maybe I'd reconsider.. but until cell batts embrace that technology, I want soething replaceable.. seriously for how much I would use such a phone, i would have it on semi-constant charge.. I've always had good luck with batteries in my cells. I assume its due partialy to the way I treat em and charge em etc.. Mine typicaly far outlast and survive the average user, but even so, they dont last forever.

Also, I like to be able to change out mem cards, copy pics n vids off, put pics and vids on for watching etc etc. Yes. Im sure theres gona be a USB/data trandfer function available, but I lke the being able to manipulate and modify things at my own whim.

I suppose at its heart, its all about options and control. I like to have the options available, and I like to have the control to do things as I desire. Maybe its the human condition... the resistance to change..

Id rather do things old school, take the mem card out, plunk it into my comp and copy/delete/move etc files back n forth.

plus for the way i use datum, its illogical for me to give up that extra potential space...

~L~