View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 02:35 AM
JimP
PPCGeeks Regular

JimP is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Thinking about getting an Iphone

I just got mine today after struggling with deciding among several Android phones.

I think in my case, I've not owned any Apple products (owned plenty of their stock)and thought it it'd be nice to try something that's essentially bullet proof.

I read a post on one of the other threads about having someone having one of the 5" phones and after putting a protective case on it, it resembled having a black flip flop next to their head when they go to use it. Very funny but did leave a permanent image of a black flip flop up to my head.

Although I wish Apple had made the iphone 5 a bit larger, I'm not so sure that beyond a certain point these phones aren't too large to be carrying around on your belt.

There is also a lot to be said about buying something that simply works. Yep the iphone 5 doesn't have a quad core processor but given how buttery smooth the screen works, I don't know that it matters. I think apple is very careful about what they allow to be put on their phone and for someone like me, that's a plus.

I think one of the things that turned me off about many of the Android phones is that their screens have that cyan/green look to them. As someone who likes accurate color, I'm sure that'll bug the begeebers out of me after a while. The iphone 5 has a nice neutral screen that can be made bright without looking distorted.

The iphone 5 also did well on the CNet/Molly Wood drop test. Much better than earlier versions.

So for now (and the next 2 yearsJ) it's the iphone. It'll be an interesting journey.