onairgraphics
Lurker

onairgraphics is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: All ## codes for Sprint Touch Pro and MSL info

Hello.

My HTC Touch Pro 2 encountered the following problem:

Additional to the PIN (for SIM-Card) I have also set a 4 digit PIN to lock the device, which is activated automatically after 5 minutes.

After accidentally deep discharge of the battery (forgot my phone in the drawer of my desk for over a week) and loading the battery afterwards, the phone refuses to unlock the device. The inputting device lock code, which is 100% correct, does not work anymore- no matter whether I type it on the touch screen or keyboard.

Even after several soft reset - not change. The PIN (for SIM-Card) works but the device-Lock PIN does not. No possibility to unlocked the device – it tells me always “entered code is wrong”. Even after connecting to a PC, the computer does not recognize the phone - so I cannot even read out the data of the phone via a computer.

On the phone are important data, photos, entries that I will not delete!
HTC has got - as usual – no idea of their own devices and the German support on the phone told me that I should buy myself a new cell phone - very helpful!

A hardware reset / reset of the device, I do not want to do otherwise the data all are gone.

Is there a way to circumvent the device lock and hack the data in some way out the phone?

The emergency plan, which I do not want to try by now, would be a hardware reset and subsequent data recovery using the software "File Scavenger ®" This works very, very good with defective USB sticks and accidentally deleted computer hard disc drives (deleted system volume information etc.) . Unfortunately I have no idea what kind of memory, the HTC Touch Pro 2 uses (it's been no SD card inserted in the device).
And I do not know how the phone reset works - simple device reset witch clears memory only (which would not be that serious) or if the entire memory will be overwritten (which would be fatal).
Maybe someone has a solution and can help me, how to get my data out of my cell phone. Thank you!