View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 12:05 AM
Lynx_Gen
Lurker

Lynx_Gen is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Headspin - pickin a droid! HELP!

So, I spent most of the day looking into getting a droid phone.. first thing I did was a bit of google action just to see what was out there.

then came here... been a long while once again, like over a year. Still got the pair of 6700s.. basicaly just use them to store pics from back in the day that the old lady demanded I delete...

anyways, i wanted to make sure I got a phone that was "modifi-able" in almost everyway possible.. lol

one thing I discovered, was the htc 3d phone.. Im kinda big on the whole 3d thing, and think it would kick butt. came across a couple other 3d cells.. they seem to be of lower performance, yet some tend to have more imbedded abilities, altho Im sure the right flashs could cure most of that.

The other downside is, so far as I can tell, the htc 3d phone is only available on sprint... I live in canada.. I dont think sprint exists up here.

soo.. Im trying to decide what droid phone to go with. It seems like the deeper i dig, the more I uncover newer phones, upgraded phones, dropped phones, etc etc.

The gist of is, I like to do everything and anything the phones capable of, or that I can make it capable of, with a heavy focus towards videos, wireless stuff, and being able to flash and improve it, likely play games too.. never had a phone I could play any half decent games on before... the hdmi output would be nice, I do have a 3d tv.. but seriously, unless it records 3d, im not gona convert a vid to put on my phone to watch on the 3d tv when I can just plug my puter into it... although, 3d on the go would be kewl.. if it had hdmi output, I could always just get an HMD.. (Which I've always wanted to get anyhow.. one of these days I'll get around to it.. lol)

I pretty much want the top/best of everything, so i wont have to worry much about falling behind the next few years. like the best/highest OS, the most power, the biggest mem, the fastest brain, etc etc.

also must run on a carrier available in alberta canada.. <--- yeah, the big catch.. *sighs*

I've read alot of discussions on the various droid phones.. almost thinkin the galaxy s3 would be the way to go, or is there something newer/better out there that I missed? I know theres several others that seem comparable, but I just cant tell whats what anymore.

Theres so much talk of OS's n phones etc I just got lost in it all. The other problem is so many phones with basically the same names, no real clarity on the key differences etc. If I can get a few recomendations, I found a great site to compare the deep down specs within the heart of em..

so to refresh/summerize what I'd like:

-Droid
-Fast/powerfull as possible, with,
-Lotsa mem, large ram and storage, with large mem card capability
-Relatively straight forward to flash/update (the easier the better, doesnt need to be brainless either tho, its no fun if its too easy TBH..)
-reasonably decent camera/video (I got 4 kids, the best moments are never prepared for, and many a great moment and memory are caught at random time place you arent carrying the camcorder with ya..)
-Having 3D would tickle me pink, almost enough to override any other desires, but that aside,
-Needs to be able to work in Alberta/canada
-Perfer to have a fairly recent OS (At LEAST 2.3 inorder to run &quot;Ingress&quot; in the event I ever manage to get it, and it works/gets integrated up here, (Which Im sure over time it will..))
-needs to cost less than my truck
-fast wifi/data transfer etc...

I dont know.. its a place to start I guess..

~L~