View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 05:59 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4guy View Post
Sprint RHOD400
kernel-pack-htc-msm-3.4.3-g82accb0-20120927_061512

Data has sometimes not been working for me, requiring me to toggle Airplane Mode to fix.

This led to me finding an interesting and easily-reproducible bug. Open any app that uses GPS, get a lock, and then go into Airplane Mode. The moment you try and toggle back out of Airplane Mode, the phone will reboot back to WinMo.
If I boot the phone in Airplane Mode, I can get a GPS lock and then toggle out of it with no reboot occurring.
You should ALWAYS boot Android with WinMo in airplane mode... Between phone calls, text messages and the like, it's just a good idea... Plus then Android doesn't have to worry about having to deal with any of the radios in a funky state.