View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 07:21 PM
wmarkhay
Lurker

wmarkhay is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Re: How do you get around the screen lock without having the password

I'm sort of in the same boat, but not exactly. I did not forget a password, never had one, in fact. What I did was, after rooting and being the ap-aholic I am, needing more space, went deleting system aps I looked at as bloatware. I deleted the default android lockscreen, seeing that there was also the HTC lockscreen on there and making the apparently erroneous assumption that the HTC one replaced the default one. Seems to me now that the HTC one works ON TOP of the default one, because having deleted only the default one, nothing comes up at all... in other words, I not longer get the ring that I didn't realize how lucky I was to be able to "pull" ...seeing as without it coming up, I've effectively bricked the phone. I'm really hoping there might be an apk I could install from my pc to the SD card to replace/restore the default thing I got rid of, so as not to have to lose everything by a factory reset. Also not sure how Recovery works from HBOOT menu, if that might get it back for me. Do have a Clockwork backup sitting on the SD card from a month or so ago. Since I'm rooted, will I still be rooted if I do Recovery? Also, having never flashed a ROM (nor really knowing how) nor doing anything with firmware, maybe this is the time as I've already made some work for myself? By the way, I'm on Sensation 4G, not Evo (T-Mobile). Not SuperCID and don't really know what it is, not sure yet what things like that and ICS mean, but hope to learn fast. Recently upgraded from years of BlackBerry.

Last edited by wmarkhay; 10-22-2012 at 07:29 PM.