View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 09:55 PM
revaaron
Almost a VIP

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
"Test Driving" a Galaxy S3

coming from the epic 4G. people here have read all my issues with the Epic. I'm using this GS3 for the 14-day trial. If my network issues clear up, I will happily keep it. It doesn't look good so far...

before upgrading today
1) 10-20 minutes to download a .89MB file. Speed test shows 67kbps down, 90Kbps up.
2) took 20+ minutes to get a txt

I had to drive to 2 different stores to get a galaxy, but when I went to the one that had a galaxy blue. At the second store, a mom and a guy were in front of me. The mom started chatting and pointed out a lot of the network issues that she had seen. The guy saddles up and he did basically the same thing I did dealing with the sprint network and he was there to get his refurbed phone to sell it on ebay and pay off his ETF. He has been on sprint for ever and went through every phone trying to get reliable service.
"Sprint doesn't care about a back water like New Hampshire"
I guess he talked to sprint customer service and they said how great sprints network was going to be... but when asked what he could do to be kept, his answer was "free phone until the network works". at both stores, everyone behind the counter seemed to agree that the network was terrible right now.

I have a feeling I will be back on the epic on 9/28/12. Too bad with how awesome this phone is so far.

FYI: insurance went up $3/mo and the deductible is $150 now.