View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 01:36 AM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 on it's last breath, need quick advice on new phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
also, what is up with the quick reply? it deleted my message, then told me my reply was too short. only seems to be this thread.
edit: i retyped the whole post, then posted, and it added my first post, and deleted the contents of the second one.
Are you using firefox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltmanbob View Post
austin - Never been a fan of Android. A physical slide out keyboard is also a big deal for me and so has tethering without needing to do a bunch of stuff to my phone.
There are slide out keyboard options, FoxFi works on most phones out of box for tethering.

Quote:
I've also stuck with WinMo because I have been and will be getting into electronic circuits and Android appears to need more specialized stuff to use the phone as a controller for projects plus my little programming experience is based in Windows so an Android phone would require even more stuff for me to learn. Correct me if I'm wrong, some are just assumptions I've had.
If your serious about going into electronic circuits then running linux is much much more beneficial. Why? because how many applications are you going to get access to windows embedded? where as linux you can virtually load up on anything. Though for that I would rather suggest a Raspberry Pi. Right now it costs 35$+6$ shipping. And if you don't need ethernet a model A will be out by end of the year which will be 25$. There are also plenty of cheap Adurino boards options.

Quote:
To make the distinction, my brother has an Evo 4G which is more responsive than my TP2 but there isn't much he does with his phone that I couldn't do with the TP2. The main difference was that when our crappy ATT land line internet died, guess who's phone was used to surf the internet on our computers? Not his.
2 things:

1) HTC phones tend to be a pain to hack, unless you get a new one and are willing to sign their thing to unlock your bootloader.

2) Evo 4g is outdated at this point

Quote:
As for why I'm considering a Sprint TP2, options. I don't have money to throw around right now and I like the idea of having a phone that I can use on multiple carriers and multiple technologies. I'm not happy with Sprint but I know what to expect. With Tmobile I don't and I will not waste money on a phone that will only work with them only to find out I'm not happy with their service anymore than I was with Sprint.
If you want to go T-Mobile then I suggest signing a regular contract, get a normal t-mobile phone and then returning in 14 days. This way you can play around with t-mobile and then do what you want. The sprint tp2 is not capable of all the bands t-mobile is capable of, so chances are your experience will not be top notch.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)