View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 12:21 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Would you pick Evo over Samsung Galaxy S3 and why ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
No gTen I have not used either but I stated it was my opinion.
Every htc device from the Mogul up has been great for its time.
Not really, the Evo 3D was pretty much a flop. Had reception issues and etc. That is why a lot of people went for the Photon, due to poor reception on the 3D. (The GS2 had its reception issues too though)

And lets not get started on the original TP. lol

Quote:
Every Samsung I have had Since the Instinct has been less that great.
Have had better user experience with htc than Samsung.
Devs I talk to will agree.
Samsung lacks in the software department for quality.
Time have changed. For example, the OG Evo is already unsupported by official CM9 while the original SGS still has support.

Also Samsung's software is better then you give it credit for. Unlike sense, Samsung TouchWiz framework adds value. For example, most ICS features already existed inside TouchWiz framework even in Gingerbread. To add to that it is also light unlike Sense which is a resource hog. (Though Sense 4+ is much lighter)

PS Samsung Instinct is not a smartphone.

Though I am not trying to make this into an HTC vs Samsung thing. All I am trying to say is each device has to be looked at under individual bases and things change daily.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)