Old 08-30-2012, 03:52 PM
meltmanbob
Lurker
Threadstarter

meltmanbob is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 on it's last breath, need quick advice on new phone

austin - Never been a fan of Android. A physical slide out keyboard is also a big deal for me and so has tethering without needing to do a bunch of stuff to my phone. I've also stuck with WinMo because I have been and will be getting into electronic circuits and Android appears to need more specialized stuff to use the phone as a controller for projects plus my little programming experience is based in Windows so an Android phone would require even more stuff for me to learn. Correct me if I'm wrong, some are just assumptions I've had.

To make the distinction, my brother has an Evo 4G which is more responsive than my TP2 but there isn't much he does with his phone that I couldn't do with the TP2. The main difference was that when our crappy ATT land line internet died, guess who's phone was used to surf the internet on our computers? Not his. I've just always seen mine as more functional even if his impresses people with the "wow" factor more. Again, I'm open to suggestions and would appreciate explanations but part of why I haven't switched is because I don't care to research and no one has been able to substantially prove to me why Android is better.

As for why I'm considering a Sprint TP2, options. I don't have money to throw around right now and I like the idea of having a phone that I can use on multiple carriers and multiple technologies. I'm not happy with Sprint but I know what to expect. With Tmobile I don't and I will not waste money on a phone that will only work with them only to find out I'm not happy with their service anymore than I was with Sprint.