View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 09:59 PM
Amamba
PPCGeeks Regular

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Would you still pick SGS3 over Evo 4G LTE ?

Hi y'all. I also posted this in Evo forum.

I am due for an upgrade, and having given up on M$, narrowed it down to SGS3 and Evo 4G LTE.

On specs, SGS3 looks better - 2 GB RAM vs 1, removable battery, longer battery life, slightly better front camera. It is only $30 more at Wirefly. And when I held both in store, they looked and felt very close. I like to do some basic level multitasking - e.g. listen to the music while switching back and forth between editing a spreadsheet and browsing web - which is not a problem with a Windows phone. However, on my wife's older Android phone, I can't switch from a document and expect to find my cursor in the place I left it in. Very frustrating.

However, as I am reading online comparisons, I see a lot of people complaining about the overall build quality of Samsung phones, radio and WiFi signal strength, etc. Obviously there's probably no data on problems just yet.

OTOH, my HTC Touch Pro 2 has been very reliable from day one, and has better reception than my wife's LG Optimus. So, I don't want to go chase the specs and end up with a less reliable hardware.

If you have had a chance to use and compare both phones, I would love to get an unbiased opinion.