Old 08-29-2012, 01:09 AM
meltmanbob
Lurker
Threadstarter

meltmanbob is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 on it's last breath, need quick advice on new phone

Third time trying to reply, damned server keeps telling me it couldn't submit and to reload the page even though I have.

MC - I can't offer but $50 total including shipping, sorry for the late response.

On a side note, can anyone clear up the potential speeds using a CDMA dominant TP2 on Tmobile once it's unlocked? I'm not talking about personal speeds in your area but rather if the unlocked GSM side is somehow limited in it's capacity as compared to a pure US GSM device or GSM dominant TP2 variant.

The interwebs hasn't provided a clear answer yet but it appears as though there might be some limitations with an unlocked TP2 that won't allow it to take full advantage of Tmobile's network. I know they market having "4G" even though it's just a beefed up version of 3G and I don't really care about what it's called, just so long as it performs. The Tmobile rep I talked to tonight indicated that they are "4G" capable where I'm moving and here in SoCal but that does me no good if the TP2 is somehow limited.