View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 07:17 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Help me choose a new Sprint phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amamba View Post
I am looking for opinions on my Sprint upgrade. I stuck with Windows phones since 2001 but after M$ pulled the plug on the essential WM services while most users were still under contract, I can't trust them anymore. So, assuming Sprint would get an iPhone 5 this September, which phone would you recommend and why ? Evo 3G vs Galaxy vs Iphone 4 vs iPhone 5. I want stability, speed, functionality (communication, office apps, multimedia, note taking, good phone / video would. be nice) basically using it as a mini computer), good battery life. I don't play games so they don't matter. I am not afraid to flash custom ROMs. Android seems more attractive because of customizable everything, but I also like the way everything on the iPhone just works, and I like Siri.

So what do you think ? I am eligible now but can wait.
Realistically speaking at this point no matter what high end device you buy it will in a way "just work" or in a way "just not work". The specs of these devices are so high they pretty much account for any sort of lag or anything. The things start varying though hardware wise like radio and etc. So at this point most devices failure comes from poor engineering or getting a dud. Which no phone is immune to.

As far as communication, office apps, multimedia any high end phone will do. IF you chose to go Android, most of these have a Siri alternative. Now the problem comes with taking notes part. Most of the new phones come with capacitive screens instead of resistive. If you plan to take notes with a stylus like device I wouldn't recommend it. The only phone that can take notes via stylus is the Galaxy Note and LG Optimus Vu. Though neither exist on sprint at the moment. Maybe the Galaxy Note 2 will have a higher carrier adoption who knows.

I say use your 14 days to try out the devices and read up on any issues each device has and see if those issues effect you or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Can't trust MS but are willing to trust Google? That's kinda ironic, anyway the upcoming WP8 phones should be more than sufficient for those needs stated. In fact WP in it's current state is also sufficient.
He is talking about them abandoning wm platform and killing all services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
I don't hate sprint, and you see I didn't mention anything about T-mobile. I was just saying that WP should be sufficient for his/her needs that have been stated. Reason why I said that about Google is because they're known to sell personal information.
Right, an the moon is made of cheese . Google does not sell personal information. Google is regularly audited by the government since they have a search monopoly. Same way microsoft is audited on their OS because they hold a monopoly there.

------------------------------------------------------------------

And guys if your going to hold a personal discussion rather then help out. Either take it to the cage or PM but not here.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 08-25-2012 at 07:20 PM.