Old 07-19-2012, 10:29 PM
marcclarke
Lurker
Threadstarter

marcclarke is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Newbie Wants to Install new ROM on Ver. Touch Pro2

I plugged the HTC Verizon Touch Pro2 in over night to charge its battery. Just for fun I popped off the back cover and poked the "reset" with the stylus. The phone booted up, first displaying a "HTC" splash screen, then a "Verizon Wireless" splash screen, and then an orange "Windows" splash screen, and then (amazingly) my Today screen came up. The phone knew the proper time and date.

No complaints about out-of-date firmware that I had seen in the past before I set the phone on the shelf and abandoned it (probably more than 6 months ago, more likely a year ago).

I clicked through the 117 notifications I had for missed events (birthdays, etc.). The phone raised a dialog box telling me that there was no SIM card and that the phone wanted to switch to CDMA. I clicked "OK". (This leads me to believe that the original Verizon ROM is in place and phone was simply unlocked.

I fired various applicaitons on the device, all of which worked fine. I awakened Wi-Fi, connected to my router, and connected to the Internet. The entire PDA worked properly. I could see the contents of my memory card.

Battery showed as 100% charged.

All was going swimmingly so I decided to pop the back cover, pull the battery and insert my (known to be good and working in another phone) T-Mobile prepaid SIM card. Horrible mistake on my part.

The phone went totally comatose. Clicking the resessed red reset button with the stylus did nothing. Clicking on and/or holding down the power button did nothing. Plugging in the power cable caused the orange light to come oh, unplugging the power cable caused the orange light to go out.

So I removed the SIM card, figuring that the SIM card was somehow the problem.

No change. Put the battery back in and the back cover back on. No response to the reset button. No response to the power button. Stone dead, utterly comatose, and completely useless. Only the orange power light shows that there is something alive in there (maybe).

Removed the memory card and repeated the process. Still comatose.

Help?