View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 02:26 AM
marcclarke
Lurker

marcclarke is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Newbie Wants to Install new ROM on Ver. Touch Pro2

I'm completely new at this, and I don't know how to get started. Please be gentle; I'll happily do my due dilligence once I get some starting points.

A few years ago I bought an unlocked Verizon HTC Touch Pro2 on eBay. The seller had flashed it with some sort of non-standard ROM, I believe. I used the phone in GSM mode with my prepaid T-Mobile SIM (no carrier, no monthly plan). One day the phone woke up and told me that a piece of firmware was out of date. I switched my SIM to my backup phone and carried on.

I would like to resurrect my Touch Pro2. I assume I can find an up-to-date ROM somewhere, and that I can load the ROM onto my phone somehow.

Please give me some pointers to where I get started. I want to use the phone in GSM mode (not in CDMA mode) with T-Mobile (not with Verizon).

I am joined at the hip to Microsoft Office 2010. I'll connect the phone to my PC using ActiveSync and download all my PIM stuff from my PC to my phone.

Success looks like:
  1. My phone makes and receives calls using my T-Mobile SIM via GSM in the continental USA.
  2. My phone runs the most current version of Windows Mobile 6.* possible.
  3. My phone cross-synchronizes with my PC using ActiveSync and a USB cable.
  4. My phone's GPS works.
  5. My phone's Wi-Fi works.
  6. My phone's Bluetooth works so I can run ActiveSync to my PC using Bluetooth (something I did routinely back in the good old days when the phone worked properly).
Pointers, please.

Last edited by marcclarke; 07-18-2012 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Fix typos.