View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 12:59 PM
DavidinCT
VIP Member
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: Current devices will not be upgradable to WP8.

Sorry but, I get a trip on this discussion.

1. When Windows Phone 8 is released, Windows Phone 7.5 devices will NOT stop working, infact it will get some minor updates to have the updated interface.
2. All current apps will work with 7.5 and NEW apps will too for a long while. A programmer that DOES NOT need to use Native WP8 code would be dumb no to, more 7.5 devices=higher sales

Android does not do this ???? I can find, RIGHT NOW, Android 2.3 devices for sale with a 2 year contract. They will not get ANY updates to newer versions. At least Microsoft will give EVERY current user a 7.8 upgrade that includes a whole new start menu (new feature, not just bug fixes).

Anyone who reads a site like this or XDA would be in the almost geek level and would care about this. 95% of the people who pick up a phone pick it up because they like it, NOT because it will be ugpraded 6 months from now and they have never heard of XDA or WPCentral (I dont put this site as It's not a WP7 hub or anything)

I guess part of me says that IF I just got a Luima 900 and I was 31 days out, I would be a little disapointed but, I am a geek when it comes to that. Windows Phone 7 is a great OS. Nothing is going to change that.

If you really want the top of the top, with Windows Phone 8 requring Dual Core CPUs with all the extra physical and software upgrades, you need to upgrade your phone. Windows Phone 7 is about 2 years old now (fall time would be 2 years from release, right in line with their 18 month upgrade) and they need to compete.

Yes, My Trophy will not support it and yes, I am a little dispointed but, I do look forward to a new phone. I really look forward to Windows Phone 8...

Come on Verizon !!!!!

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
This post has been thanked 1 times.