View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 10:04 AM
orangekid
Awesomenss :)

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Current devices will not be upgradable to WP8.

Yeah MS really dropped the ball on this.

The Lumia was $200 with a contract on release, so even if they credited anyone $100 (which I never heard about...) then they still burned $100 AND a 2 year upgrade! (which costs a lot more) because people didn't believe their device would be worthless in a few months. Not only that but the Focus S and Titan 2 were also $200 with an upgrade, same thing.

If those people had been told what MS had planned, they could have bought an iPhone 4S or waited for the 5 or a Galaxy Note, or waited for the SGS3 or something, but not burned money and an upgrade on a device with utterly outdated software in 6 months time...

That 7.8 crap is just a gimmick, nothing more. Some GUI changes, nothing core, nothing major, nothing good. MS tries to sell us on them being a mobile competitor but then does this? What's the point of buying a WP8 device? So we can beta test their OS again for a couple years before they screw us again?

Yeah I'll be getting my SGS3 and not even looking at WP8, or maybe I'll pick one up for $50 2 weeks after it's released since the 3rd party prices on WP7 phones tank faster than anything I've ever seen.