View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 06:54 PM
DavidinCT
VIP Member
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: 2 Custom roms available for the VZW Trophy...Thoughts ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by failito View Post
Interesting, what does an ESN change require? Is it a similar process to what people were doing to get sprint/verizon and other CDMA phones to work with Cricket? I thought that was called "flashing". Thanks.
CDMA phones have a electronic serial number, aka ESN number. It's what when you get a call, the celll towers look for. A ESN changes changes the serial number from one phone to another. It's not very legal to do, as people used to be able to "clone a phone" and have 2 phones on the same serial number. It's a federal law as I understand.

Flashing is just the software on the phone. Cricket is a phone whore(excuse the term), it will take any phone and use it (well as long as you have a unlock code), Flashing to Cricket changes the settings like their servers and software needed on their network.

If you want info on ESN changes, your in the wrong place, you wont get that here...because it's it's not very legal. That would really be the only way as Verizon or SPrint would not activate another carriers phone.

These custom roms will fully unlock your phones but will not change your carrier...

Good luck but, if I was on Sprint, I would just get a Arrive...It's almost the same phone, WITH a keyboard (specs by the numbers besides tiny bit smaller display are exact). THey have custom roms for the Arrive (AKA The HTC Gold_C). Ive seen used ones go on ebay for $100-175 with no contract.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
This post has been thanked 1 times.