View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 07:06 AM
schettj
morsus mihi

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Possibly switching to AT&T - Quesitons

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMFan85 View Post
I'm currently with Verizon with the Trophy. I do love the phone, however, watching all the AT&T phones go by is really irritating. So, I priced out a plan with AT&T and it's about the same price as what I'm paying now, but I can get unlimited mobile to mobile on any carrier.

My wife also has a Trophy and loves it, but really wants the Lumia 900. So she would probably get that and I would get the Titan II.

I have a couple of questions though. Can you tether with either of these phones? I know they were going to add that with Mango, but I just want to make sure and see if anyone is actually doing it. If I have to pay, I have to pay, I just want to know if it's available.

And my second question is how is their service? I haven't heard too many good things about their customer service, but I really haven't heard anything on their cell phone service.

If anyone can answer my questions, that would be great. Thanks!
1) all carriers are within dollars of each other now... so price usually isn't much of a differentiator
2) Tethering plans $50/mo for 5GB, $10 per gb after. Works fine with any phone that natively supports tethering.
3) Service - it very much depends on your location. I have had Sprint, VZ, tMobile, and AT&T - they all vary in coverage. AT&T is generally ok everywhere, great in dense population areas, and just ok out in the sticks. Ask around and see how people who live and work where you do feel about the coverage.

With AT&T, if you can get their business direct/premier discount you also get much better customer service and save quite a few dollars - so check if you are eligible for that! https://www.wireless.att.com/business/authenticate/