View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 03:09 AM
austin420
lt cmdr of a garbage scow

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ok, so I have a Titan (Winphone7) now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Ok so just about a full week in, here's what I'm finding...

LOVE the 4.7" form factor. Yeah. Weird. Thin makes it work. I still use my now simless iphone for some apps/games, Nav, etc, and retina display be damned, I really prefer the ability to see the screen even if it's lower res. The iPhone screen looks tiny now. No doubt the new Jobsless Apple will bump up to at least 4" or so, so eventually that "win" goes away.

Apps: There are a few that are missing, and I will miss them. Overall though, most everything I use is actually there, and free, so it's not really a massive loss - a handful of games and apps aren't there. The web browser being large and fairly decent at html5 gives me access to most content that those missing apps were wrapping, so that's a wash.

HTC vs Apple: Apple win. Yeah. Same HTC build quality. Nothing like making a phone with sides that are painful to hold. Simply Brilliant. Also, battery life is fine, but I am making to the end of a 16 hour day with 25% battery, vs usually in the 50s for the iPhone.

Cellular & Wifi & BT work as well on the HTC/WinPhone... wash

Speech. I didn't get Siri but the girls at the house got iP4s, we did a siri vs tellme face-off. Siri wins on cuteness. Tellme wins actually being able to do stuff. Like, when I get a text in the car, it *READS* the text to me, asks me if I want to respond, takes my response, and then asks me if I want to send it... all without touching the phone (which is in my pocket, connected to the car hands free BT.) Massive win. Also, for quick "send a text" messages as I am running between meetings, I can speak it in about 10 seconds and get it sent, with one press... Really liking that.

Visual Voicemail. AT&T fail. Maybe with Tango. iPhone wins by default. Mango supports it, but AT&T doesn't offer it on the Titan at least.

So yeah... I was originally expecting to use the WinPhone on Wifi and keep the sim mostly in the iPhone, but I'm still running the other way... gonna keep it that way.

Dev unlocked and working on some apps now. Fun. Nice SDK, too. Oh, and I can now take screenshots. Win!
reading this make me appreciate my android more.