View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 11:01 AM
princem131
Halfway to VIP Status

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
Quote:
Originally Posted by gof View Post
Has anyone looked at the monoprice units? Specifically, the
For only $11.48 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Micro USB Backup Battery Pack for Smart Phones, Cell Phones and Cameras (2800mAh) - Black (REV. 2.0) | Back Up External Battery and Charger

Seems like this (version 2.0) unit is getting great reviews. Smaller and more portable than the bigger units (but less charge). Seems like something you could pocket if you're planning on being away from a charger for awhile. One feature I like is you don't need any extra cables. It charges from the same microusb that you'd use to charge your phone, and it looks like you could just charge through (charge your phone connected to the battery connected to the wall charger).

Not a user, just an interested customer.

The long term question is more about what happens when the internal battery starts to lose capacity. An "easy" swap, or major brain surgery...
Interesting. The one down side I see is that this thing plugs directly into the phone itself, so you'd have this thing protruding from the side of your phone (at least on the LTEvo). I'm using my charger I posted above now as I travel for the holiday weekend and its been great being able to throw it in my cargo pocket with the cord running to my phone while at the airport and flying. And now relaxing on the beach charging my phone and my girlfriends simultaneously. But everyone has different needs and this is a bit cheaper

Positive Vibrations

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com