N00b
Threadstarter

RandomKing is keeping up the good workRandomKing is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM][MTD][FC09] RandomROM THUNDERHAWK V | [5/21]

Known Issues:
-
You've got questions, here's some answers!
I really miss my old transparent messaging app, can I have that back?How do I use my own ringtone, alarm, and notification mp3s?
  1. Create a folder on your SD card called "media".
  2. Inside of that create "audio".
  3. Inside of that create:
    • "ringtones" for ringtones.
    • "alarms" for alarms.
    • "notifications" for notifications.
Ah, Swype.
Unfortunately, since the Froyo version that initially came on our phone, we've been employing the latest and greatest versions with better features. But all of them have still been betas, and they will all expire one day. I do not know if, or how to modify it to avoid expiration. Nor do I currently know where to pickup the next available version until I find one. Instead, I recommend doing what I have just finished doing. Install the swype beta installer.

Here's how:

1. First, using a file explorer delete the following files:
- /system/app/Swype.apk
- /system/lib/libswypecorexxxxx.so [the x's stand in for the exact number]
2. Next, head here to download the installer if you didn't get it with my rom.
3. The rest is pretty self explanatory.

You do have to sign up to be a tester if you're not already, I have been for some times. I assure you, it's a harmless process and won't flood your email account.

I wish I could make this easier, but for some time now, Swype has only been releasing beta versions and they will all expire at some point.

As a bonus, if you follow my instructions, then your Swype personal dictionary will carry into the new Swype beta!

I have been referenced to a site with some themed editions of the most recent versions.
Also, you can check here for a few simpler themed editions I have built into my latest themes.
Please Note that I believe these alternate versions will still expire at some point, thus, the installer is pre-included into my roms.

Epic 4G: | RandomROM EH17 ThunderHawk | RandomROM EC05 Phoenix | OneClick / Odin | Battery Save!