View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 03:48 PM
DavidinCT
VIP Member

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
2 Custom roms available for the VZW Trophy...Thoughts ?

The Verizon Trophy area here is dead, like most of the Wp7 area here, I figure it's time to "spark" it up a little (get it ? The Trophy is the HTC Spark_W).

Now 2 custom, full unlock with Internet sharing and all the other fun stuff is now available. With easy to do directions, if you wanted to hack your phone to do anything (unlimited sideload, root tools, file explore, etc), it's a great time to have the trophy.

I have done of it over the weekend, Internet Sharing works, tons of sideloaded apps, even one that changes the background colors to custom ones (not just black and white any more).

If you remember the Windows Mobile days of new roms all the time with features, we are almost there... The rom I am running has Tango in it, yes, the unreleased (version 8773).

Note: You will be Nuking your phone back to stock, so make sure you backup your data. Spend your time reading, as it's not that hard, if you do not follow the directions, you could brick your device (but rare).

This is the quick run down of how it's done.
1.You need a boot loader at a lower level, so if you have the newest build of 8107, you'll need to downgrade with a factory rom.
2. Then you install DFT's Unlocker.(to unlock your phone)
3. Install custom rom
4. Optional, install newer Radio (the newest one seems to be the best for signal/battery)

To Note, you can go back to factory if you want, DFT's unlocker, has a relocker on it, so you can return to factory if you want.

All info/links are on XDA, so this should be a good starting point for you.

Links to get you started...

How to with Details (if your on XDA, Make sure you hit thanks or donate)
[HOWTO] Use DFT HSPL with Verizon Trophy (SparkW only!) [Revised 3-14-2012] - xda-developers

Roms:
1. Ansar's Tango custom rom (I am running this rom)
[16.4.2012][NT 8773 18L 3La 3Lb]Spark_W_ML_51260502_R_153000802_2316w0506U by ansar - xda-developers

2. DFT's Custom (8107) Rom.
software version 7.10.8107.79 DFT ROM FOR SPAR-W VERIZON VERSION OF THE TROPHY - xda-developers

Radio's for the Spark_w (VzW trophy)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1546287

Now, I would suggest to spend some time reading about each rom as they have minor issues, like DFT's you can't dial #228 or Hard reset and Zune tends to pop up with a update that you can't install. Ansar's changes the back button (to go to call history) but, with a quick sideload, it's fixed back to stock.

The whole process after you have downloaded everything takes about an hour and you'll love what you can do. You'll spend more time downloading the roms you need than actually installing it (at least it seemed that way to me)

I was runing my laptop with the Internet Sharing and I have every cool hack I want installed...

I look forward to the days when the Kitchen comes back

Thoughts and your results ?

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !