View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 08:21 AM
hero121
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

hero121 is just getting started
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Automatic add 011 prefix in place of + sign in contact number in cdma mode ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhair View Post
Dear Hero121,

You can very well disable assisted dialing using Phone settings->CDMA Services->Assisted Dialing->get settings->Untick "enable assisted dialing".
You can call any number with +91 prefix.

Also you can make India as Default Region for Assisted Dialing.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Phone\AssistedDial ing]
change the value of "DefaultRefRegion" to "IN"

Also you can delete all the values in the assisting Dialing Field & Restart the phone.
No extra number will be added, while you dial. You need not change your number.

As far as SMS is concerned, I didn't try to send SMS using CDMA as I usually send SMS using GSM. In CDMA network SMS doesnot allow any extra characters like + in contact number. If present, it will throw "Cause Code 32880 Unknown Error". There must be some solution to this.

I will look into this problem.
Dear headhair

Sir,
This is not an issue to disable assisted dialing, It is an issue dial with +91 without activating assisted dialing.
It is ok we can make DefaultRefRegion as India but again after that it is necessary to activate by check assisted dialing to work dial with +91 Pefix numbers otherwise not working.
Another you have mentioned delete all the fields and leave it blank. But it never stay blank.
I am unable to dial without assisted dialing whenever my contacts starts with +91, You all ready know that I am Indian an most of all my contacts are with +91 prefix.
If I delete all the +91 from my contact then I can able to dial directly without activating Assisted dialing.
without assisted dialing its always add 011 in place of symbol " + "
after making DefaultRefRegion to IN also.

Please look in what I want to say,

Thanks