View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 08:26 AM
JimP
PPCGeeks Regular

JimP is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Interested in teathering but how do you turn off all laptop updates

I just discovered that I can teather my laptop to my TP2 for $20 a month 2 gig data allowance.

Problem is that I don't want to be burning through the data allowance with my laptop going out and doing things in the background. i.e. java, flash, etc. updates. Not concerned about windows updates as that's pretty straight forward to turn off.

Also noticed how with my current Verizon TP2, I only get the 2gig a month data allowance even though I have unlimited data if I was only using accessing the web via phone. When I was at the Verizon store last week checking out the Motorola razr maxx, I could do the hotspot with that phone with no limit to the data usage for the same $20. I can even turn it off and on during the month if I only needed it for a few days and they would prorate the bill based on the $20 per month with no adjustments due to data usage. I see an inconsistancy here and was wondering if maybe the lady at the Verizon store got this wrong or if its just how Verizon varied the plans to get me to buy a new phone. Any comments?

Thanks in advance.