slipdoozy
N00b

slipdoozy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
I OC from time to time for testing and to be honest i can't really tell. Once this first round of batt testing is done i'm going to release docs so people can tweak their driver. Right now the driver i put out is somewhat conservative when it comes to charge. We can make it really aggressive to squeeze the most juice out, but i noticed that has some drawbacks that people may not be willing to put up with.

For example i'm setting level 0 to 3550mV. Now ive seen my rhod run on lower voltage, we may be able to squeeze more out of the batt over time. The sad part is that no matter how much i try, the discharge rate is higher than winmo. Meaning we really burn up more battery at any point in time. I'm sure there is some hardware im not turning off, so the hunt will begin for that soon.

The goal if the first round test is just to test the over all life of a fully charged batt. If its better than before, then we continue with the research. Hope all goes well.
idk what you guys have been doing. i easily get 14 hrs on my phone normal texting and data usage, max i get about 20 hrs. about same as winmo. if i remember right averaged 15-16 hrs normal and 22 hrs max on winmo (heavy usage about 4 hrs btw).
this is how....
i use arrrghhh's [[Speed Improvements]] Brainstorming & Testing Thread!!, Autostarts app from market to keep apps from running whenever they want, and setcpu to throttle when needed, and Battery Calibration. oh yeah turn off background data stuff, unless you must have "FB" update you, geez lol.

i get way more time on my phone than any other friend who uses their "android" phone stock or rooted. unless they do the same routine as above then they kill my dinosaur phone.

thank you [ACL] for your efforts you are god sent for my TP2 - arrrghhh too!

Last edited by slipdoozy; 04-15-2012 at 11:22 PM. Reason: props for ACL & arrrghhh