View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 03:50 PM
[ACL]
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imohtep View Post
Amazing , thanks ACL for your work, i will test this new kernel, a question, whats is your opinion about overclock on this rom? overclock kill a battery life? or using CPU Master we can save battery life and have good performance? and how can i set overclock on this rom?, thanks for all and i hope you had have a good happy birthay
I OC from time to time for testing and to be honest i can't really tell. Once this first round of batt testing is done i'm going to release docs so people can tweak their driver. Right now the driver i put out is somewhat conservative when it comes to charge. We can make it really aggressive to squeeze the most juice out, but i noticed that has some drawbacks that people may not be willing to put up with.

For example i'm setting level 0 to 3550mV. Now ive seen my rhod run on lower voltage, we may be able to squeeze more out of the batt over time. The sad part is that no matter how much i try, the discharge rate is higher than winmo. Meaning we really burn up more battery at any point in time. I'm sure there is some hardware im not turning off, so the hunt will begin for that soon.

The goal if the first round test is just to test the over all life of a fully charged batt. If its better than before, then we continue with the research. Hope all goes well.