View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 06:14 PM
eric12341
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ADVICE Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
Sorry you ended up with that. The real problem is that there are no good mobile operating systems today because not only did MS quit "real Windows Mobile", they kept a similar name and just threw the next version number on there as a real dirty trick and slap in the face to people like you and me. At this point, if you bought that thing on a contract (in which case I'm extremely sorry for the pain you're gonna be in for for the coming years), I saw this thing on YouTube where this one guy managed to run WM6 on top of WM7 (has to be custom rom/fixed for this to be installed) on his machine. I don't know if this is specific to that device or if it works on anything, but look around in an internet search and on YouTube to check out that one thing (I'm pretty sure it's actually not an emulator).

If you can evade that contract, the only choices left are to either get another normal Windows Mobile 6 device, or try Android. It's not a step up, but at least it does work to some degree (with the exception of PIM related syncing - there is absolutely no way to just plug in a usb cable and sync, an option that has been present on every useful smartphone since 1995. There are a dozen third party solutions, none of which actually fully work)(that and it closes running programs whenever it feels like it) and it does look kind of nice without being completely useless.

Sorry there wasn't better news for you, but that's just the "Microsoft Effect".

Good luck.

- 2 Bunny
once W8 is released the concepts behind WP will be better understood. There is also to some degree drag and drop support, but it is not directly on the phone. if one drags and drops to a folder that the zune software recognizes then the files will sync up with the phone accordingly. also there is a trick I found somewhere on the web that will allow for skydrive integration in windows 7 explorer which would provide better integration. I absolutely enjoy how office connects and interfaces with skydrive, for example I can start a word file on my phone, save it to skydrive and then open it and edit either within the browser or within word, either way it saves the changes seamlessly across all screens. something that isnt accomplished with drag and drop.