Old 03-21-2012, 01:07 AM
pbutin
Lurker
Threadstarter

pbutin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Re: Flashing ROM to Device with no operating system

Thanks again for replying. Had to reset the phone this morning and it failed to boot up again. So I switched my SIM and micro card back to my old Fuze for the day. Tonight I got the phone to start up again by taking out the battery and repeatedly pressing the power button --it was pretty normal once it booted up--but when it needed to be rebooted, it would fail again. Once I got it up, I was able to install the most recent ROM from HTC (HTC_Tilt2_2.10.502.4). It is labelled as the "Sense" ROM that was one of the last ones available in Windows Mobile. I loved it--substantial improvement over 6.1 or 6.5.

But then I rebooted after I installed some programs, and got the dreaded red/green/blue/white screen with the RHOD300 and either "serial" or "USB" at the bottom.

I tried to reboot by taking out the battery first about 30 times but no luck so far.

I have two thoughts:

1. I have a funky, cheesy program called "Rax reset" that I installed--is it possible that this program is screwing up the bootup process? It is a software that is sold in the Windows Mobile Marketplace that allows you to do either a soft or hard reboot. I hesitated to install it but did, and after that once I reset it it wouldn't reboot anymore. If I can get even one reboot, I'll uninstall this program, and see if that's what's screwing up the reboot process.

2. There is a white screen with blue type that flashes very briefly just after I try to reboot it--says "No Image File!" I think for someone who knows the hardware that might help us to know whether this is a hardware problem (in which case I probably just need a new device). If the hardware can't read even the newly installed operating system, then I think I'm shot.

Thinking about buying another one on Ebay--this would allow me to keep what I like for awhile until Windows phone gets fully up to speed.

Anybody out there understand or have experience with this problem and any good advice?

Thanks in advance.

Phil Butin