View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 04:06 PM
rootlinux
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrush View Post
I'd agree that if a user needs a specific function they should jump on the platform that works for their needs. It's a trade-off balance between performance & function that has to be weighed in.

I personally need:

Rock solid performance (no force closes, no need to manage the @^#& OS's memory manually)
No degradation of performance (not slowing down from data overload)
Close to perfect Exchange translation calendar & contacts (no additional apps needed)
Music player that works right with phone calls, incoming text's etc.

My wife's EVO 4G has problem after problem software wise that is a huge cause for concern. A friend of mine has a Galaxy S II and seems to run O.K.
But for me, the whole app in, app out search for data it pretty old and outdated. The integrated features and slickness of the way a phone should work is found in Windows Phone 7. I need speed for the EVERYDAY tasks, not the one-off occasional uses for a phone. To some people like me their phone is a tool meant to be used to communicate quickly and efficiently. Seen the Smoked by Windows Phone challenges?

Yes, I don't spend much time on these forums because I'm not always needing to find solutions to fix my WP7 problems. If I had to use an Android phone for work I'd be posting up a storm over in that forum(s). I'm not currently doing anything on the other WP7 forums but I do listen to the WPCentral podcast. I suspect there haven't been any new PPCgeeks podcasts because there's no time left for those who used to do it. They must be wasting it wallowing in extensive research and support for their personal Android devices.
I personally have zero issues on my EVO.
I was actually off the forums for about a year because it runs so well. It all has to do with custom roms.
I have five solid roms in rotation on my sd card. All running flawless completely from sd.

I can't comment on how well the WP runs because I don't have one.
Reading comments on the forums I see there are some things it can't do. If those things are not an issue for the people using it then it probably is an awesome device.

I am actually glad WP does run so well because we need good compitition in the market.
Force companies to keep getting better and bring new stuff to the table.

Winmo 6.5 will always be one of my favorites.
Was thinking about getting a WP till the EVO came out.

Both devices have some give and take I guess.

As for podcasts, there is talk of getting it going again.