View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 11:41 AM
rootlinux
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Ok, I've never seen this or had this issue before. So I am not sure what is causing it.

I installed my usual apps after flashing Mr. X's stock+root-CIQ Tmo T989 rom.

First app I usually download and run before anything is Adfree. Then Astro file manager to restore APKs. But I realized that this method left me with some older versions of the apps and they wouldn't have their market links. Yes, I could run Titanium Backup to fix them..

Anyways, suddenly I get a star icon on my notification bar. I look at it and it sends me to a website claiming I won a tablet and to chose.

This is one of the links, don't visit it, I just posted it for reference;

Code:
http://com-user.mobi/galaxy/usa/go.php?t202kw=usipad31&uid=REMOVED]
So I decided to wipe and flash again and go through the same process to see if perhaps catch who's the culprit..

It happens again this time with a plus icon..

The star icon has happened twice on different occasions, only in the last week, and after installing a recent update to Adfree.

These are the apps I have installed;

Adfree
Astro
3G Watchdog
AT&T Smart Wi-Fi
Barcode Scanner
Beautiful Widgets
Bloat Freezer Free
GasBuddy
Google Voice
Quick Boot
QuickPic
RealCalc
Root Explorer
ScanLive
ShopSavvy
Speed Test
Tapatalk
Ubuntu Regular TTF
Zillow

Has this happen to anyone? Any idea what's causing this or how to catch / prevent it?

I've had one app actually hijack my my stock browser and change the search engine to some smartsearch type site, like it does to normal windows browsers.. lol

Thanks,

-CC
My daughter installed some live horse wallpapers on her phone and it gave her the same star icon.
Ad for a singles website.
I removed the app and the star went away with the ads.
Remove apps one by one until it goes away. Also you can check app permissions one by one and narrow it down.
That's what I did.

App was on the market too.