View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 09:00 AM
kyderr
Regular 'Geeker

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Where are all the Window 7.5 phone users

Couldn't Figure out where to put this, so I'll start it here. I am on the TP2 Running the famous Energy ROM, Highly customized so it would work. I want to move to a new phone, but I cannot see a good option out there. I started doing some research on Windows Phone 7 and I DO NOT like what I am learning. I sync using USB, Bluetooth, exchange, and activesync. I sync to two computers, and one exchange server. I use external storage, and I do file synchronization with Goodsync. None of this is possible on Windows Phone 7. I found this article:

Exchange ActiveSync Considerations When Using Windows Phone 7 Clients - TechNet Articles - Home - TechNet Wiki

Which scares me. Basically there is a table about halfway down the article which lists a bunch of flags. Stuff Like:

DisableRemoveableStorage Always returns TRUE (Windows Phone 7 doesn’t support removable storage).

DisableDesktopSync Always returns TRUE (Windows Phone 7 doesn’t support synchronization with desktop Outlook, only media sync via Zune).

Someone give me some hope.