View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 06:17 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0B 2.3.7 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeB View Post
its not a bug, but my brightness setting no longer works. it will stay same no matter what i put it on, auto/lowest/brightest... reason i say its not a bug is because it worked up until i started playing with disabling things

just wondering if any one knows what android needs to use it, something like disabling services in windows (PC). can't figure out what i need to re-enable lol and don't want to reset my data.img to figure it out since it doesn't bug me enough to do it, just would like to know if there is an easy way to fix. I can post log if it'll help but I'm not sure if it will, let me know
Well you didn't say, but have you tried a simple reset? Just shut the phone down, boot WinMo, then boot Android...

If that fails, I'm not sure. Try different kernels...? I'm betting it is something in the data.img. You can rename it to data.bak if you don't want to blow it away. You could try this to at least rule out the possibility.