View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 12:59 AM
swlaraut
Regular 'Geeker

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wifi tethering without adhoc support

I have a nextbook tablet that won't let you change the WPA_supplicant even after rooting to support adhoc.

If your tablet wont support adhoc or you don't want to root your unit, this may work for you too. Here is what you do, all credit to the app makers.

On your tablet, go to the market and download "PDANet" for tablets and install.

On your phone, go to the market and download "Foxfi" and install.

Open both programs, follow instructions and your good to go. I shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

LIMITATIONS:
Foxfi only works with Android and Blackberry phones, no windows mobile.

Foxfi's website says it does not work with HTC android phones, but it appears it may work if your phone is rooted.

Happy tethering
__________________________________________________ ____________

Update: It appears that, at least for me, my tablet can find wifi without PDANet on my tablet, just FoxFi on my phone.

Last edited by swlaraut; 02-28-2012 at 11:44 PM.