View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 10:45 PM
rainfreak
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Geek Apps for iPhone

With the hundreds of thousands of apps in the App Store, it can be difficult to find the cool, techie apps that we geeks need. Below is a list of apps that I use very regularly that help me get my geek on. If you know of any good apps that should be on the list, post them here and I'll add them to the list!
  • Jump Desktop - Jump Desktop is a remote desktop application that lets you control your computer from your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. Compatible with both RDP and VNC, Jump Desktop is secure, reliable and very easy to set up. Features include a streamlined user interface that gives you the best possible remote desktop experience on any of your mobile devices. $14.99
  • FileBrowser - FileBrowser is like having Windows Explorer or Mac Finder on your iPad/iPhone to access network folders on Macs, Windows, Linux, and NAS drives. $4.99
  • pTerm - pTerm provides an SSH, Telnet, and raw TCP client for your iPhone or iPod Touch! It is based on the popular desktop client 'PuTTY'. $4.99
  • iNetwork Utility - Network Utility(iWebmaster) is an application with a collection of network tools, including Portscan, Ping, IP Address Information, DNS Info, Response Headers, Alexa Rank, Pagerank, Whois Query, Device Info and more. $2.99
  • Adobe Photoshop Express - Adobe Photoshop Express software lets you use simple gestures to quickly edit and share photos from your mobile device. Enjoy having your photo and video library right in your hand — without wasting your device's valuable storage space. FREE
  • Tapatalk - The best selling forum app just gets better with tons of great features! Check out our user reviews to see why we are endorsed by over 30000 online communities worldwide! $2.99
  • Forum Runner - Forum Runner allows you to browse your favorite forums the way they were meant to be on the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. With Forum Runner you no longer have to worry about waiting on the entire forum web page to load up in Safari - it only loads the actual forum information which loads much faster. You can log into the forums and post in them as you normally would in Safari. $1.99
  • DropBox - Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring all your photos, docs, and videos anywhere. After you install Dropbox on your computer, any file you save to your Dropbox will automatically save to all your computers, your iPhone and iPad and even the Dropbox website! With the Dropbox app, you can take everything that matters to you on the go. FREE
  • QR Pro - QR Pro is a mobile QR 2D barcode reader/creator app that allows you to automatically scan and generate QR 2D barcode formats from your iPhone. Simply, Quickly and Powerfully. $1.99