Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: LG Fathom V6 ROM release thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaboy192 View Post
1- Install drivers
- LGUnitedMobileDriver_S4981CAN33AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3. 3
- LGWindowsMobile_USBDriver_WHQL_ML_Ver_1.0
- LGSmartPhone_ModemlinkDUNDrive_WHQL_ML_Ver_1.0

Translated: Google each of those nasty strings and download what you find.

2: Get youself a copy of a patched version of LGNPST. We can't provide links for it, because you need a copy that allows you to write to the phone. I have a copy somewhere, but don't count on me to find it. If you have trouble, PM Me and i'll get you sorted out.
There is also a .dll file that you need to register. (you can google for how to do that)
It's the one linked to on the XDA thread. it's called vs750.dll

3: on your phone, go to settings, connections, switch usb and choose VZAccess mode.
then plug the phone in and wait for windows to see it. Load up your copy of LGNPST and see if it sees your phone.

4:
- Launch LGNPST.exe, it should detect your phone (filename on the top right panel should be "VS750.dll").
- Click on "phone settings", wait a few secondes for a new window to appear
- Click on read button
- It will create a VS750_COMx.nvs in C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST
copy that file to as many places as you can. if your flash goes wrong, this file will be what keeps you from having to RMA your phone.

5:
The files listed (The SCR and PRL) need to be gotten from a decrypted ROM. I can upload those later since I forgot you need them.
if someone else beats me to it, i'll throw them on my site.

- Go in provision Tab (should be selected by default)
- Select Upgrade
- BIN file : "c:\VS750\BIN\VS750XXX5.BIN"
- Check SCR File, then select "C:\VS750\SCR\VS750VZ7_04.scr"
- Check PRL, Nam1 (uncheck nam2), select "C:\VS750\PRL\58006 - EVDO OEM Factory Default.prl"
- Don't check Eri file
- Click on "start"
- Keep fingers crossed for approximately 10min. The phone will reboot a few times, this is normal.
- Enjoy your 1st VS750 custom rom

The reason the phone reboots is it first flashes the ROM, then it flashes all your user content back, then it flashes your radio settings. The last one is important because if it doesn't flash them you're left with a brick unless you backed up your .nv file. If you did, and the flash goes sour, all you need to do is place a copy of your .nv file back in the LGNPST folder and pray it works..

I hope that clears some stuff up. If it's a little murky, it's because my brain is murky right now too.

-pizzaboy192
Dear Sir,
i flashed my phone with clean rom with opera.
i also backed up my nvs file and copied it to my pendrive before upgrading.
now i think i have bricked my phone, as suddenly some error came in between upgrading. now my phone is not sensing any network in gsm mode, and i think it has a bad esn,mdnetc.
iam unable to flash the nvs back to phone,because everytime it flashed it copies the bad nvs from phone to c: and reloads the same to phone after flashing.
pls help me to restore the nvs to phone.