View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 07:35 PM
nuguy
Oldguy

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Restoring your xv6800 to a Stock Verizon ROM

I want to clear the air.

I did search - a lot - and many others were searching for a full Verizon stock rom (do a search for Verizon stock rom, see how many posts were made between here and xda) and the original post had links that were down, hence the request for an additional download location.

The original post on this was by someone ELSE at xda- I had already found that post as well as others had, however the xda FTP has been taken down for a while, and that's where the original links went to. Then you posted your info, and either the link was bad, or the ppcgeeks ftp was swamped/down, because of all the activity, short answer your original post did nothing for all the people that you kept telling to search for it, all having the same problems and questions, while I had let you know that the link for the actual rom (the missing ingredient was down).

This is not a file that is all over the place, and where I actually found it, it was not descriptively named, very hard to determine if it was the right file without flashing it, and flash I did, several different times with several different roms - only one does the whole trick.

- I want to clarify, I KNOW YOU WERE NOT INTENTIONALY TELLING PEOPLE BAD INFO, your thought was that your post had the links needed, that just wasn't the case though.

I also work a *very* full time job as well as have two beautiful children - I understand being busy. And as we all know seeing the same bad info all over is very frustrating.

Working on this problem for nearly 3 days has put me into 2-3 hrs sleep per night for the last two nights - I was determined to fix this for myself and many others.

I apologize for my mood on the subject, however my 1 file download does the job nicely and is easier for the noobs to deal with (nbh is already in the ruu folder as well as ReadMe.txt's so it's all set up).

I also search far more than I ever ask, and am kind of pissy about the “hey you just copied my stuff cr*p”.

I, like yourself, and of course sooo many others, WANT to contribute back to the community that is why I posted. I DID NOT realize that you had posted your corrected thread 1 hr. before me as I had been flashing and creating the upload and was generally trying to get it done and posted.

I will not carry on any further about this, but did not want anyone to think I was not doing my homework, or trying to steal thunder, however I am not to crazy about mine being stolen either.

In the end both yours and mine are fixed, and everyone else definitely has the tools to take care of theirs too, and that is what both of us wanted.

I pretty sure I will feel much better tomorrow after a normal night of sleep too.

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590

Last edited by nuguy; 03-13-2008 at 07:38 PM.