View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 02:11 AM
xxxjdoggxxx
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is Sprint cracking down on data usage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
it shows unlimited since there is no automatic cutoff in the system. 1 month going over 300mb on roaming isn't going to do much, but multiple months then they send the warning.

That's the thing. I only did it one month (a few days to be specific) and I didn't even use all that much data. I have had Sprint phones for about 5 years now and have been doing this since I started with Sprint (like I said maybe a couple times a year I use data on roaming when I go to Upper Michigan where there is no Sprint service).

The thing that fustrates me about this is I pay about $100 a month (I have also been paying the $10 fee for 4g since I got my Evo 3D and there is no 4g data where I live and likely wont be for some time) I make so few calls most months on my cell I don't go over 300 minutes. Yes I use a little more data than your average person that just does web browsing but then again I am sure there are many that use way more data than me. Mostly I use my data for streaming internet radio and some web browsing. On a rare ocassion I might tether with my laptop mostly for web browsing. And now I get this threatening letter from Sprint basically telling me I wronged them somehow and I am being watched. Give me a break.

As far as the unlimited roaming thing goes I could have sworn I saw unlimited data roaming in my plan details when I got my Evo 3D. I'm going to have to look into this. I don't remember seeing anything about a 300MB limit anywhere (I was aware of the rule that over 50% of your usage has to be on Sprint towers). I forget the name of the plan but it is the one with basically unlimited everything. I don't think Sprint has the plan anymore (or might be a higher cost) and I was able to keep it when I got my Evo 3d.