View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 12:35 PM
EyeB
Halfway to VIP Status

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0B 2.3.7 Build

hm I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, thinking it's just my lack of android know how lol

But I can't seem to text people without using the area code to make the phone number 10 digits. I figured it would know that 7 digit numbers would be in the same area code as my own phone number but it isn't happening. Is there a place I can set area code?

oh a tip for battery life that I've been using from WM for people who want the new email notification, seems to be more effective in android since battery life is shorter. In gmail set your emails to be forwarded to your text message number then turn off the email sync. Set a bookmark to open gmail on your home screen so it acts like an "app". So now you can get new emails and read them from text message and open gmail to reply. So far I've found this to be more effective because it doesn't have to actively look for new emails (less battery use) and android doesn't seem to miss text messages as often as it hangs on data connection (probably sprint issue)
Quote:
* AT&T – cellnumber@TXT.att.net
* Verizon – cellnumber@vtext.com
* T-Mobile – cellnumber@tmomail.net
* Sprint PCS - cellnumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com
* Virgin Mobile – cellnumber@vmobl.com
* US Cellular – cellnumber@email.uscc.net
* Nextel - cellnumber@messaging.nextel.com
* Boost - cellnumber@myboostmobile.com
* Alltel – cellnumber@message.alltel.com

Last edited by EyeB; 01-30-2012 at 01:24 PM.