View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 08:48 PM
Karl
N00b

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: ? about setting up software for development

Quote:
Originally Posted by shieldsdb View Post
Hey guys, I hope someone can answer this. I don't have enough posts to start a thread on xda.

I'm trying to get my computer set up to start building apps.

I've downloaded and installed java.

I've downloaded and installed Eclipse.

I also downloaded android-sdk_r16-windows and installer_r16-windows (i wasn't sure if I needed them both or not).

Now, I unzip the sdk to c:\android-sdk-windows. I then go to Eclipse to "Install New Software" Type in the address "http://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse" in order to download Android DDMS and Android Dev. tools. I hit next and get the error "Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
Software being installed: Android Development Tools 16.0.1.v201112150204-238534 "

I'm on a toshiba laptop with windows 7, 2.5ghz proc with 4 gb ram, 64 bit (so you know)

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for all the help.

Dan
did you go in to the android sdk folder and run sdk manager? to update adb
never used eclipse so i think thats what it wants

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Last edited by Karl; 01-27-2012 at 08:51 PM.