jotarou1
Lurker

jotarou1 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Perhaps you missed it, but you can't disable wifi tethering. It will lock the phone up hard, forcing you to reboot it.
Arrrghhh, I am just telling you what I experienced. I turned on wifi tethering, used my Touchpad for about 40 minutes and then attempted to turn wifi tethering off by unchecking it. Turning it off wouldn't work though, the icon still stayed up in the status bar. I tried turning it off again later, but still wouldn't go away. It never locked up on me though during that time. I am assuming it must have rebooted on it's own, because I didn't reboot it manually. Next morning the icon was gone and and when I checked the uptime in the afternoon, it showed as 12 hours. I can try it again this evening if you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
lolwut.

I couldn't just let this slide by, SD card installs are like 1,000,000x easier than this. Granted, I prefer NAND... it's just a heckuva lot easier to get running on the SD. Never heard anyone say they never could get it setup. I also don't remember you asking for help .

Oh well, enjoy.
I also never said that this install was easy, SD install is definitely 1,000,000,x easier and I agree. And I couldn't get the SD version working on my phone, see thread below where you attempted to assist but everyone thought it was a hardware issue. My screen has not had that redish tint since installing this NAND version. Again if you reread my post I said "You're breathing new life into my phone for sure". The important part was "my phone" because it was determined that the issue I was seeing only affected me.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp...appearing.html

EDIT:
arrrghhh, now I can see where you read that I could get it working at all, I should have said "I could never get Android working properly via SD card"

Last edited by jotarou1; 01-25-2012 at 02:06 PM.