View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 05:39 PM
clockcycle
VIP Member

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question [Q] Best replacement, cracked AT&T GSM iphone 4 LCD/assembly?

I am new to the iphone, never having owned one previously.

I have had a few friends ask me to take a look at theirs here and there. This week a friend asked if I knew how to replace the broken glass. So I decided to take a look at what that entails.

Well I went through the normal channels, craigslist, ebay, amazon, but again being new, I've not had the years of experience as I have with other devices.
The iphone belonging to a lets say, more finicky / picky crowd. I saw lots of claims of OEM, Original, Authentic, Genuine, which instantly put me at the defensive. Like when someone says "trust me"...

I thought, well let me ask the community.

Where can I get a decent replacement complete LCD assembly, preferably with a genuine retina or perhaps better display, if it exsists, at a reasonable price?
Doesn't necessarily have to A grade, B with some wear, lines would work if more savings can be made. As well as a replacement back.

Color like those metallic, mirror would be nice, but not sure those even have retina display as an option.

I have only seen a few comparisons on Amazon user pictures showing quite a difference in brightness, contrast and quality. But you never know what you get and from which vendor came what on there.

Any suggestions, links, info, reviews to help, would be greatly appreciated.

-CC