View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 12:51 PM
elesbb
Super genious in training
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM Lockscreen Unlock To Home app

Quote:
Originally Posted by qanda View Post
elesbb,

The app seems to be doing it's thing ok with some exceptions.

1. When first installed, and after initial reboot, an error message popped up about Unlock Screen not functioning: Enable/Disable not detected or something like that. I went into the Start menu, opened the app, enabled it, then rebooted. It worked.

2. I disabled the app and rebooted to see if the error message was reocurr. No error message came up. Don't have a clue why it popped it the first time.
Heehee xD i changed the instructions , the error you were recieving was a NullReferenceException error pretty much stating the one registry key isnt where the code says it is . which is true , because upon launching the app inside the start menu , the reg key is then created . i changed the instructions :P guess i didnt change them before you read it xD sorry !

Quote:

Now, I tried all of the Home Screen tabs that I have on the bottom to see if each would go back to the main Home Screen (Clock/Weather screen) if I left them open, and allowed the device to lock on delay, or manually.

Email boxes: worked fine
Text messaging: worked fine.
Browser: Worked fine.
Any Application in Start menu: worked fine.
Notifications: (top tray) worked fine.
Phone (soft or hard key) worked fine.
Start Menu (soft or hard key) worked fine.

Calender: stayed on whatever calender function was displayed, that is Agenda, or Month. If I used the Menu options and opened New Appointment....that worked, but if I went into Calender settings, it failed to go back to Home
Weather/Stocks and Settings (System): If I used any of these or their menu options, it failed to go back to the home screen
All People (contact list): If I was in the contact list, viewing a contact or in Edit mode, it failed to go back to the home screen

The app does not always recognize when the device is on a sub-screen of one of the scroll bar icons (home screen tabs) such as the Contacts list, or system Settings options, but it did for New Appointment in the Calendar, New Text or New Email messages. Peculiar ????

I remember back in the day when S2U2 was installed, no matter what option was being used, it would always unlock the device to the main Home Screen (Clock/Weather).
the only other thing i can think of is S2U2 managed to locate the shortcut path for the "Today" icon in the start menu , i searched my Kitchen and .dat files and could not find it for the life of me .

Quote:
Well, you put in a lot of work on this one, and the 'Unlock to Home' certainly satifies my needs.

For me, it's a great addition to my device since most of what I normally need to do starts from the Home Screen.

Good nite my friend.
Regards,
QA
Im glad you like it ! More importantly im glad it works let me know if you need any other programs !
This post has been thanked 1 times.