View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 12:16 PM
Certs
Retired Staff

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Restoring your xv6800 to a Stock Verizon ROM

I am including nuguys post here to keep everything neat and tidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguy View Post
**Solved!!!**

Uploaded correct files to megaupload - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I204KSNF

OUT OF THE BOX FRESH FEELING FOR YOUR XV6800!

Radio: 1.30.60
Rom: 2.09.605.8
Rom Date: 08/03/07
full restore of all original settings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguys solution
Be connected to activestink.

(even if your device only boots to the windows splash screen activestink can still connect enough to load this 1.2 bootloader)

Run TitanUnlocker.exe from first folder

FOLOW THE ON SCREEN DIRECTIONS EXACTLY

INCLUDING THE UNPLUGING AND PLUGING BACK IN PART

Be patient and be sure that it is complete.

Then without disconecting, or restarting your device
go to the second directory and folow these directions...

While stil in bootloader mode run ROMUpdateUtility.exe

Follow the onsreen directions.

When your device boots up - LET THE VERIZON CUSTOMIZATIONS RUN.

Enjoy being back on Verizons service.

Now go load whatever roms you feel comfortable running.....

You may need a different bootloader for some roms.
I let the customizations run after loading the SPRINT 3.35 Rom updater on my XC6800, I don't think the problem was loading the rom, but letting the damned sprint customizations install instead of a quick reset.
I have tried a hell of a lot to resolve this and am convinced that at this point it is going to take a verizon stock rom - the whole thing - to start from scratch and get back from the evil grips of those sprint towers (you sprinters would think the same if in our shoes)...
Unfortunately I have not found everything to piece together an entire orig vz rom.
The first bad thing that the sprint customizations does is resets the MSL, so now instead of using 000000 as always, you have to find "GetSPC", run it giving it your ESN (under battery) to find out your new "sprintized MSL". This causes you to use sprints towers for everything, add to the fact that it loads a sprint PRL and you are now "stuck on sprint".* when you dial *228 you get a sprint recorded voice that this number is not valid.

Having a xv6700 laying around I was able to set nearly everything in EPST back to where it needed to be (see screen shots)- that got me making calls (roaming) but no i-net, and no *228...
Called Data tech support for a aKey, they gave it to me, that didn't work.
Dl'ed a vz PRL from http://www.corolada.com/prl/
That got me to be able to connect to vz by dialing *228, but no love, it says "sorry call cust serv...".
Went to a corp VZ store and looked at all the settings in EPST changed a couple more, that didn't work.
Spoke to the lead geek in charge there and fessed up, he said that it was because of the MSL code change, that *228 sends the 000000 “service sub lock code” to unlock the SPL (EPST) and if the code is different, it will never connect to *228 right (well maybe after they open up their network more, but that is at least months away).* So I said what if I was with sprint and wanted to "convert"? He said they would need sprint to set the MSL to 000000, which would likely be done by sending it in to sprint, then sprint sending it to HTC (I'm sure we can come up w/ something better).
After leaving, I received a follow up call from my escalated trouble ticket, and the girl reset my “DMU keys” that finally got me to have i-net (still no *228 love though).
So now I am at a OK place, everything works but still roaming, place and receive calls, received network texts from cust serv, and have i-net. However I didn’t want to go through all the set up on my phone just to hard reset anyway so I started off on a quest to find a legit vzw rom.

People keep saying it's posted here, or there or everywhere, I HAVE TRIED everyone I have found and have NOT been able to reset the radio to Verizons peramaters.

Any help out there as to finding the STOCK VERIZON RADIO or best the whole stock verizon rom package?

for those who need help getting the EPST setup I will post the current settings I am using in screenshots.

** I will update this post to reflect the best solution if the thread gets cumbersome.