View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 10:19 AM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tethering questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecensor View Post
How do I check for Rootfs? I tried different cable/port no difference. I doubt that's the problem because droid explorer works great.
when I plug in to my XP netbook it says 'found new hardware' wizard USB device. and it can;t find drivers.

One more thing. I have installed the sprint stock 6.1. before that I had the stock 6.5 and it tetherd great under winmo with script that modified the registry.

Maybe I should install OMGB?
lol, the solution is not OMGB. That's for testing/development, I wouldn't recommend it unless you want to help troubleshoot. Besides, I haven't been able to get USB tethering to work on that build yet. Just tried it yesterday, so far no go.

However, the fact that your XP "netbook" (odd) is finding new hardware is a good sign. Do you have another 'net connection in which to see if you can search for drivers on that machine?