View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 03:54 PM
arrrghhh
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tethering questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecensor View Post
I installed FRX07.1. on my TP2 activated on Boost.

My question is, can I tether it to my computer? will I be able to access files on the SDcard and will I be able to share internet on the computer through the phone?

Thanks
Tethering works fine. USB tethering is rock-solid, but the built-in wifi tethering is flaky at best (seems to work fine until you want to disable it). Third party wifi tethering solutions (XDAndroid Wifi Tether for example) work without much breakage.

Access files on the SD card? You can't really do that now. USB mass storage doesn't work, Android is using the SD card so there's no way for Android to unmount it... It's in use!! You can use Droid Explorer to fake it tho. Please read the FAQ.