View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 03:04 PM
elesbb
Super genious in training

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Good-Bye Touch Pro 2 and HTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjhuff View Post
My Touch Pro 2 has water damage affecting battery life. Assurion would replace it for $ 100, but it would only cost $ 199 to upgrade. So, after much research, I went with the Samsung Galaxy S II/Epic 4G Touch. Android will allow me to use the smartphone the way WM 6.5 has. But I will miss the Touch Pro 2 which followed many years of PPC phones from the PPC 6500 upward.

I carefully considered the Arrive (which my Sprint store not only recommended against, but didn't even have a display model out anymore). But I am not a user of Zune or Xbox. I want to keep my files private and not in the cloud. Tethering is also an essential application for me. So while the Arrive is definitely a great hardware upgrade, Windows Phone 7 is a non-starter for me. Perhaps if I had never experienced the ability to customize and was starting anew, I'd feel differently.

I want to thank the Touchpro 2 community here and over at XDA who have made using this phone a great pleasure over the years. I wish that MS has chosen to upgrade WM 6.5 with new hardware so I could continue to follow what has been a great user community.
with mango on the arrive , it does support thethering if assurion would have given me an arrive i sure as hell woulda taken it .