View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 04:10 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Google Is Watching You

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Sprint/HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7380 Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Yes, but the fact that this is becoming the norm these days with all these new devices and since Apple and Google are the most prevalent they must know this stuff is going on so they must benefit. If they allow this, what else are they up to? I'm safer with what I have and it does just about anything these newer devices do but it just takes a few seconds longer. Whooptidoo!
Not really, Android is open source, anyone can do anything they want. They don't benefit anything from it. Its like saying the Fascinate loads up Bing instead of Google, Google must know about it thus they must benefit lol...you get the logic fail here? In case of Apple though I can't exactly say but considering its a closed platform Apple must have approved it in some shape or form.

The Good thing about Android though is we can remove it.

P.S. The Google Nexus phones which are controlled by Google do not have Carrier-IQ.

And how do you know WM is not monitoring you? see thats the thing abut closed source, you never know whats inside ..this is why Carrier-IQ was found on Android first and removed from Android first..cause when you have the source code you are in control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Interesting.
Before you get excited, Carrier-IQ is inside WP7 too.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)