View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 02:35 AM
EyeB
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What part of WP7 do you guys like? Sell me on WP7 :P

The only things I use for my phone on a regular basis is using it as a phone/gps/calender/alarm/ap news (or some other news app)/weather by gps. Outside of those 6 things, I just like playing with apps but not enough to keep them.

So I'd need a offline gps (I bought the garmin sd card but eric said WM apps wont run in WP7) and I don't know if WP7 has a offline gps. With android I can cache the map so this isn't a problem there. The reason I need offline is because I go to places I know I dont get reception and don't want to be left without a gps because of no data. Basically I go out fishing/into woods where I'm no where near any people/cell towers. And like i told eric in pm, I bought a garminfone that I'll test on tmobile I know it's an old phone but I have garmin units and I just trust them

I like the calendar of WM and WP7 seems to have similar design so I got no problems here.

I couldn't find any weather info for WP7 though, not like HTC sense's weather tab anyways. Or a GPS weather radar (I don't need the radar part but just need the temperature at my current location)

I use g-alarm for my alarm clock and would like something with same functions in WP7

Ap News I'm not concerned with, WP7 is bound to have some news app or another

Anyhow aside from those few things, weather/gps/alarm I really dont use my phone for much else. The android port fills my need for apps to play with. So are there alternatives to those things in WP7? Like I said before I'm sure it'll get there in time but I just don't want to buy a phone just to wait for it. I rather they be in place before buying the phone.

edit: the cloud storage I use dropbox/sugarsync on my tp2 so I get the same as if it had windows skydrive. I remember a app for WM for it somewhere but never found it and stuck with dropbox

basically I'm a biology student that goes out to collect samples from where there's no other human life so I need to know my way around there (gps) and weather for preparation. The alarm for keeping me on schedule/waking me at odd times. And because I'm away from cell service for most of the time that I'm out, all the connected things in WP7 become kind of not connected.

Last edited by EyeB; 11-28-2011 at 02:45 AM.