Old 11-19-2011, 04:25 PM
JohnMcD348
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

JohnMcD348 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help me pickj between the Sprint Evo 4G or Epic 4G for Wife

We went to the sprint store today and had a look at them. I think she's more interested in the Samsung phone than the HTC unit. the guy at the store said the Epics were just updated to ver 2.3 a couple of weeks ago. The funny thing was, the guy was really working the Samsung phone hard and extolling the virtues of why that one was so much better and that was the one he uses, the whole time his HTC phone sitting in his front shirt pocket.

I wonder if they get a larger pay back, royalty or whatever they get for selling the Samsung's compared to the HTC's? The points he made were relatively valid. Same price for a larger phone(screen size), larger memory SD card, better video, faster CPU, etc.

Right now, she's just working over getting over the feeling like she's being scammed. When she looked them up online, she noticed the retail price changed according to whether she was logged in or not by the same $150 amount that Sprint says was her incentive credit. Either way, the phones come out to being $149 with rebates bringing it down to $99. Problem is, online, new member, cost is $499, existing member, $399, but the final cost for either is still the $99. She's funny like that. She just can't get over that the $150 credit for being a customer, really isn't a credit at all.

About the slider style over non slider, she really likes the idea of keeping the screen real estate while typing. She's 42 and her vision was bad all her life so it's not going to get any better. After she used my TP2 a few times and now my Arrive, her Blackberry Curve is just uncomfortably small. She says it's like going from watching a 54" HDTV down to a 13" CRT.

Last edited by JohnMcD348; 11-19-2011 at 04:38 PM.